- Lamb Kebabs:
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds lamb, cubed (a tender cut like leg works best)
- 2 bell peppers, cut into kebab sized pieces
- 1 cup Israeli (or pearl) couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
Combine kosher salt, cumin and black pepper and dust lamb cubes with rub. Thread on skewers, alternating with pieces of pepper, and let sit as long as possible, but not longer than overnight.
Cook the couscous according to package instructions, then quickly cool. Allow to dry in a sieve. Combine olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Toss couscous, dressing, cucumber, tomato and scallions and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and reserve
Grill lamb skewers over high heat until desired doneness, about 12 minutes for medium. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve alongside couscous.