- 3 tablespoons Goya sazon with coriander and annatto
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Combine the first five ingredients. Gently loosen skin from chicken breasts; rub butter and 1 tablespoon spice mixture under the skin. Rub remaining spice mixture over skin.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Pour out a third of the beer. Carefully poke additional holes in top of the can with a can opener. Holding the chicken with legs pointed down, lower chicken over the can so it fills the body cavity.
- Place chicken over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken from grill; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from can. Yield: 6 servings.