- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 10 pounds bone-in chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Pour into two large resealable plastic bags; add equal amounts of chicken to each bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. Grill chicken skin side down, covered, over indirect medium heat for 15-20 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 12-14 servings.