- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons sesame ginger marinade, divided
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute peas and honey in butter until crisp-tender. Add oranges and cashews; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Brush tuna with 2 tablespoons marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- Brush tuna with remaining marinade; serve with rice and snap pea mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak with 3/4 cup rice and 1/2 cup snap pea mixture equals 506 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 47 g protein.