- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a large resealable bag, combine the syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; add pineapple. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes. Drain, reserving syrup mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Serve pineapple with ice cream and drizzle with reserved syrup mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 253 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.