- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
2 chicken thighs equals 391 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 43 g protein.