- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Rub both sides of chicken with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn; grill 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Place chicken on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Top with peppers, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and remaining salt. Seal foil tightly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Open foil carefully; add tomatoes. Reseal foil; grill 4-5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.