- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- SOUTHWEST BURGER TOPPINGS:
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with avocado, jalapeno and salsa. Yield: 4 servings.