- 3 or 4 leeks, split, trimmed and cleaned
- Dark Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese spicy mustard
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat grill to high heat. While the grill is heating, brush leeks lightly with sesame oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill leeks, turning occasionally, until nicely browned all over and very tender, 5 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the leeks just before serving. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.