- 2 pounds beef sirloin tip, sliced into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 6 to 8-inch baguettes, sliced in half
- Sriracha mayonnaise
- Pickled carrots and daikons
- 1 bunch of cilantro, very coarsely chopped
In a small bowl whisk together fish sauce, sugar, shallot, garlic, and black pepper. Place beef slices in a large resealable plastic bag, pour in marinade, seal bag and toss to coat well. Place in refrigerator and marinate at least 1 hour, or up to 24
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover gill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Grill beef over high heat until browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Place baguette slices on grill, cut side down, and toast until browned, about 1 minute. Remove from grill and evenly divide beef on bottom slices of bread; top with pickled carrots, daikons, and cilantro. Spread sriracha mayo on top slices of bread, arrange on top of assemble sandwich and serve.