- 1 1/3 pounds ground turkey, 85% lean
- 2 4-ounce can green chiles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 potato rolls
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese optional
- 1 4-oz can green chilies optional
Place turkey, chiles, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, cumin, Worcestershire, and oregano in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together until fully incorporated. Scoop out 1/3 lb of meat mixture and form into a patty. Repeat with remaining meat mixture. Season patties on both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover gill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Grill burgers until well browned on both sides and an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees when inserted into the middle of the burger, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Place slices of pepper jack cheese on top of burgers in the last few minutes cooking, if using.
While the burgers are grilling, place the buns cut side down on the grill and cook until lightly browned. Remove from grill. Place burgers on buns, top with additional green chiles, if using, and serve.