- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 6 zucchini flowers, trimmed and cleaned
- 7 ounces soft white cheese, such as feta or goat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds, toasted
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy ridged grill pan. Grill the zucchini strips, roughly 1 minute on each side, until just golden brown. Remove and cool. You may need to do these in batches.
Place the cooked zucchini in a large bowl, add the zucchini flowers, crumble in the cheese, and season to taste
Mix the lemon juice, remaining olive oil and nigella seeds in a small bowl. Drizzle over the zucchini, flowers, and cheese, toss gently and serve immediately.