- 1 pound waxy potatoes, such as white or fingerling, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place potatoes and vinegar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let potatoes cool in vinegar for 30 minutes. Drain potatoes and gently toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Grill potatoes until browned on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill, sprinkle with more salt to taste, and serve.