- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) bag of fresh spinach
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Grill the corn, turning every 5 to 6 minutes, until tender, about 15 minutes. When cool to handle, remove the kernels.
- In a large, high-sided skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium and add the cream. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Pour half of the mixture into a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour the pureed mixture back into the skillet and add the milk, Parmesan cheese, and spinach. Cook over low heat until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.