- 1-½ pound Ground Beef (or Chicken Or Turkey)
- ½ cups Water
- ½ packages (about 1 Oz. Packet) Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Potato, Finely Diced
- 1 cup Onion, Finely Diced (yellow Or White)
- 1 can (about 4 Oz. Size) Diced Green Chilies
- 1 cup Refried Beans
Place your meat in a large saute pan over medium heat. Break up the meat a bit and add water. Add the taco seasoning and brown the meat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
When the meat is browned add the diced potatoes, diced onion, green chilies and refried beans. Stir to combine and then cover the pan, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
After 10 minutes of steaming, remove the lid and continue to cook. You will still need to stir periodically. It’s done when it gets thick (cook to your desired thickness).
Serve with hard shell or soft shell tortillas or just have a taco-salad with or without tortilla chips. Top with desired toppings, like lettuce, more refried beans, shredded cheese, jalapenos, sliced black olives, tomato, salsa and sour cream.