- For the kebabs:
- 18 ounces finely ground lamb
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely chopped mozzarella
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pine nuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- For the moutabel:
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds
For the kebabs: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Knead in the bowl for 10 minutes until it resembles a sticky dough.
Shape the kebabs onto flat metal skewers, using about 3 tablespoons for each, shaping the meat around the top end of the skewer. Freeze for 20 minutes.
Build a hot fire in an outdoor grill. Remove the kebabs from the freezer. Grill for 6–8 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
To make the moutabel: Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water over medium heat until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Coarsely mash the potatoes with their skins. Add the lemon juice, tahini, yogurt and cumin. Season and sprinkle with the hemp seeds.
Slide the meat off the skewers and serve with the potato moutabel.