- For the rub
- 3 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 full short ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1 cup apple juice in spray bottle
- 3-4 chunks of a medium smoking wood, such as oak or hickory
In a small bowl combine black pepper, white pepper, salt, paprika, and garlic powder to make the rub. Season ribs all over liberally with the rub.
Fire up smoker or grill to 225°F, adding chunks of smoking wood chunks when at temperature. When the wood is ignited and producing smoke, place the ribs in the smoker or grill, meat side up, and smoke until ribs reach 180 degrees on an instant read thermometer inserted into the middle of the meat, about 4 to 5 hours. Spray ribs with apple juice about every hour during cooking.
Remove ribs from smoker, let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.